In 2018 I got really into podcasts. Back then, it started as something I could listen to during my then day job. Most of the podcasts were in the personal development arena because 2018 was definitely a year of change and growth for me.
In the year and a half or so since I started listening to podcasts, my interests have widened and I listen to things from personal development to pop culture.
Here are the top five podcasts I either discovered this year or found the most useful:
- Rise by Rachel Hollis-With her mission to give women the tools to change their life, the Rise podcast fulfills this through interviews with top entrepreneurs, writers, people in business, and pep talks from the queen motivator herself, Rachel Hollis.
- On Purpose with Jay Shetty-A former monk who is best known for making wisdom go viral, Jay Shetty interviews celebrities, authors, and inspiring people in the mental health/personal growth space.
- Dolly Parton’s America-Fair warning Jolene will play on a nonstop loop inside your hear for at least 24 hours after you listen to a certain episode. But this podcast dives into the diverse Dolly fanbase, explores themes of domestic violence and misogyny inherent in Dolly’s early songs, and of course talks about her Tennessee upbringing.
- Smart Podcast Trashy Books-A podcast brought to you by the women behind the Smart Bitches, Trashy Books site, the podcast is still a smart look at all things Romancelandia, with the snarky tone long time fans of the website know and love.
- Marketing School-This short form daily podcast gives you quick, high level tips on the latest marketing news and practices. Episodes are all under 10 minutes long and full of practical, tactical methods, and is hosted by two marketing professionals, each with a slightly different take on the industry.
I LOVE listening to podcasts. What are some other ones I should check out in 2020? Leave me a comment below, or give me a shout on social media.